Thursday, October 10, 2013

Week 2 EOC: Boston Consulting Group - Video Games

The history of the Playstation begins in 1988 when Sony andNintendo were working together to develop the Super Disc. The Super Disc was going to be a CD-ROM attachment that was intended to be part of Nintendo's soon to be released Super Nintendo game. However, Sony and Nintendo parted ways business-wise and the Super Disc was never introduced or used by Nintendo. In 1991, Sony used a modified version of the Super Disk as part of their new game console -  the Sony Playstation. Research and development for the PlayStation had began in 1990, headed by Sony engineer, Ken Kutaragi. 

I think for Playstation in my point of view has went down hill, I still have the second Playstation was the best I have a lot of Playstation games even the rpg ones. I was wondering what if Nintendo agrees to continue to work with Sony, it make me wonder what games and systems would be like today? I'm sure rpg would be as good as today like the new Final Fantasy, Star Ocean, and the Tales series, I Think Playstation now is a dog. Beside for the most other people point of view its in the middle, because of the Playstation move. It has brought up still in the middle, however if people wanted hard-core games Playstation brought it up to the top. Sony also has brought out PSP, that has been up to the top however once the PSP go it brought it down because some people whether not download games on a hand-held device. Once they re-release the PSP only in the light thin version of the older PSP. I think the new Playstation 4 might be at the same spot also the reason why it not a dog because of the blu ray. 

In 2006, Nintendo introduced the Wii and with it several advanced, revolutionary features. Wireless motion-sensitive remote controllers, built-in Wi-Fi capability, and a host of other features have made the Wii the best-selling latest generation console system in the world.


The screen was four-colors-of-gray but the device defined portable gaming and was enormous fun. Game Boy, which came out in 1989, was closely associated with the classic game Tetris when it debuted. Game Boy is the most successful video game system ever released. Since its introduction in 1989, Game Boy has sold well over 150 million systems worldwide. Originally bundled with the game, Tetris, this little handheld became an instant phenomenon.


 Nintendo have been really good to entertain their viewers, unlike Playstation and Xbox they keep their prices and systems simple. I think they're at the top, they sure have me wanted to buy the next generation they have out. Unlike the Playstation sadly I don't have many games of the last generation games. Nintendo have many hand-held games, even back in the 80's Unlike Playstation. Nintendo is the highest thing in the market. Now for the U, they might going to make it more serious gamers instead of family related. For the Wii U, I think it might be their best hit yet, because they wanted to be more serious for gamer and not only for family. So I'm looking forward to it.


Announced on May 12, 2005, the successor to Microsoft's Xbox was their second entry in the video game console market. The Xbox 360 was released in the United States and Canada on November 22, 2005, in Europe on December 2, 2005, Japan on December 10, 2005.
Featuring Xbox Live online integration, the Xbox 360 enhanced multiplayer online gaming, and eventually added a variety of services like Netflix, ESPN, and the ability to purchase or rent music, movies and television shows.
On June 18, 2010, the remodeled Xbox 360 S was released in North America that utilized a thinner body and an upgraded motherboard, and included additional USB ports and built-in Wi-Fi.

I didn't like the first Xbox because they didn't have good games out, at that time I have the Playstation 2 and the Gamecude. I didn't like the Xbox, however now I have more games for the Xbox 360 than Playstation 3. Xbox has more games I was really into and not only that, playing with friends has brought it to the middle until the connect came out. I didn't really care for, but some people really liked it. So in general it in the middle, for the Xbox One have no clue, it might be a dog. I have not seen any games I would like to by.

No comments:

Post a Comment