Thursday, January 15, 2015

My Vioce

                                             Working on a dress I feel more excited to work more patterns, coming in third place makes me feel I can do better. Although I am happy I came in third place because, I know people love my work and it makes me want to become a better designer. That drive gave me more motivation to work more on the patterns, although I didn’t like working with the fabric I was using. It moves around while sowing a lot, but it was an amazing experience to work with such fabric. I did made the dress a bit shorter than the pattern because I accidentally cut the bottom skirt while attaching the rest of the dress; I got some help to help me manage the accident I’ve made. Overall I enjoy making dressing and bags, I’ve already gotten 4 people who wanted a tote bag and 2 people who wanted the dress. To me that says a lot since I’m a newbie at these things, I wanted to start something since I already know how to make a tote bag and the dress. I wanted to make something on YouTube showing people how to make them, even when the dress was uncompleted I have a hard time looking websites and YouTube but, no one has that certain pattern. I was getting frustrated, luckily had some help along the way of making my dress. After the dress was final finished I went to downtown to present my dress, I was excited and yet nervous. Nervous because I thought my dress needs more work, hours have past as I waited to see who’s the winner is. As they announce the winner I was happy yeah, I’m not a sour loser. My mind wonder off wondering who came second and third, my luck someone left a piece of paper that has the amount of tickets we each gotten and by the looks of it I cam in third place. I got really excited and couldn’t wait to tell my family, friends, and my fiancé. As the place was about to close, I pack up the manikin and called over my fiancé. We walked to my mother’s Van and stuffed the manikin in the Van along with the dress, I told my fiancé I got in third place he was very happy and proud of me! Once we got home I told my mother, then my father. The words he said to me was very shocking, anytime my siblings and I did anything we wanted he makes fun of us. What he said to me that day has brought a smile to my face. “Good, I’m proud of you!” I never thought my father would say something like that, I even show the video to my grandmother and my aunt, they thought I did a good job making the dress.  I even posted up on YouTube, sadly not a lot of views. I’m ok with that. This is the best opportunity I can do something more, I can reach my goal. I wanted to have my own store and have a website, making that dress I know I can do it, I know I can reach my goal, although it’ll take some time I know I can’t do it right now. I have to work for it and take baby steps at a time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment