Thursday, January 15, 2015

Good job vs Bad jobs

The worse job I had was working at Ross Dress For Less and Sabbors, Ross was my first job when I was 18 years old.  Nora who was my boss at the time never EVER given me complements on how I was doing. After she left a new supervisor took her place and given me complements, shortly after that they laid me off! Why I have no clue, for what I understand they are not allowed to give me that kind of information. At Sabbors I thought the employees was nice, but for some reason my boss Warner attitude towards me changes. Then the new boss came in and cutting my hours. Once I call to check in on what day I need to come in he said I don’t work there anymore, I’m not sure if my mother trying to make me feel better and said Warner wants me back. I just do not like bad boss who treats good employees like crap and the bad ones like they’re a “good worker”


The best job I have


Right now I’m taking care of my grandmother that my mother and two of my aunts couldn’t during the nights and their work days, I may not know a lot of Portuguese but I know some to get me by, if not I always use Google translator. I love spending time with my grandmother; I know she loves spending time with me. Not to long ago when my cousin Rosa came into town, she told me if I can go home I can. I looked over my grandmother and asked her do you want me to leave or stay. My grandmother looks around and gently grabs me by the arms and replied, “Stay here.” I nod and smiles that make me feel good because out of the 7 grandchildren I’m the only one who’s helping her the most. I enjoy this job more.

No comments:

Post a Comment